Monday, March 19, 2012

Groupon Fail: Dry Cleaning Express

First, I should say that the people working in the Dry Cleaning Express store are pleasant. But my overall experience there was not. 

Saturday, clean-out-the-closets day. I decide to use the $30 Groupon I purchased almost a year ago for $15. Call the number on the coupon. Lady says, "You need to call the pickup service at (a different number)." I call. No answer. Leave a message.  

Monday. No call back. I call the pickup guy. He answers and says he doesn't pick up for Groupon anymore. I need to drive to the store on 126th South, about 10 miles south. 

I call the same number printed on the Groupon that I originally called on Saturday. "I'm sorry, the number you have dialed is no longer in service." I try four times. 

Check the store's website. Voila, there are two stores, and one is only five miles west of me. I call. "Do you accept Groupon at this store?" Girl says, "Yeah--if it hasn't expired." ?

I drive five miles west. No store. The address is right at the intersection with Bangerter Highway, making the search even more difficult. I pull into a 7-Eleven and call again. 

Me, "Can you tell me your location?"
Girl, "We're on 126th South."
Me, "You're not on 6200 South? That's the number I called from your website." 
Girl, "Oh, that's the Taylorsville store." 
Me, "Yes, that's the store I've been driving all over looking for, but I can't find it." 
Girl, "That store closed down. We're the only only left." 

I take Bangerter to Redwood road to 126th South. Find the store on 126th South, just west of I-15. 

The girl at the counter is pleasant, and although I'm sure she's the one I spoke with on the phone, I decide not to deliver the complaint I rehearsed during the 30-minute drive down. 

Cost: Two hours and 45 minutes, plus $6 in gas, including expected pickup time and gas. Hardly worth the $15 savings. 


Plus, if you decided to visit the store, it is not Dry Cleaning Express. It's Dry Cleaning Super Store. 

Scoring: 5 Joe Cools = Recommend to all your friends and family.
1 Joe Cool = Come back in a pinch.
1 Crying Moose = No reason to come back.
5 Crying Moose = Shut this place down.




No comments:

Post a Comment